07 Aug 7 Ways to Manage Stress During the Pandemic
We live in a unique time during the COVID-19 pandemic. Anxiety and fear about the corona virus may cause increased stress due to public health actions such social distancing and mask wearing. Finding ways to help manage your stress in a healthy way will make you stronger. Of course, everyone reacts to stress differently, however, here are a few ways that may help you better manage your stress, whether due to the virus or other stressors:
- Take a break from social media and the news. Listening to the news continuously can cause increased stress, think about taking a week break.
- Regularly exercise. Physical activity makes you feel better by decreasing stress. Take time daily to exercise and get your heart rate up.
- Take time to meditate. Meditation helps your mind and body focus on calmness and relaxation to help relieve stress.
- Get good sleep. Improve your sleeping habits by exercising earlier in the day, creating a dark, comfortable sleeping environment and giving yourself enough time to get eight solid hours.
- Eat healthy meals. The food you eat impacts how you feel. Try eating less sugar and more vegetables.
- Find hobbies you enjoy and take time to do them. Take time daily to unwind by doing something you love.
- Connect with others. Talk to others you trust about how you are feeling whether in-person or through social media or FaceTime.
Hopefully some of these ideas will help you better manage your stress. What are some ways you have found to successfully manage your stress? Comment below and share with us.